Motability can help to get you on the road at an affordable price.

So who qualifies for help?

You do — if you are getting the Higher rate of the mobility component of Disabled Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Supplement.

You can either lease a new car supplied by a Motability Accredited dealer for at least three years.

Comprehensive insurance, routine servicing and breakdown assistance are included.

At the end of the period, the car is returned to Motability Operations. You will need to pay for the fitting and removal of any adaptations.

Another way of getting a vehicle is through a hire purchase deal.

You negotiate the price of the car and arrange insurance cover.

At the end of the HP agreement (that can be between two to five years) the car vehicle is yours.

Motability also offers a HP scheme for powered wheelchairs or scooters.

Cash problems? Motability may be able to help with a grant through their own Charitable fund or the Specialised Vehicle Funds, which they administer for the Government.

Telephone: 0845 4564 566
Textphone: 01279 632 273