PICTURED: Steve Morgan CBE with some of the very special guests at The Morgan Foundation Christmas party
MORE than 150 children, many with disabilities or life-changing conditions, and their families were treated to a very special Christmas party at Carden Park Hotel in Cheshire.
They were all invited by a number of organisations and charities funded by The Morgan Foundation, which is making a real difference to thousands of families.
Steve Morgan CBE, founder and chairman of The Morgan Foundation, said: “Seeing the children enjoying themselves was fantastic.
“All of them face difficulties and disadvantages on a daily basis.
“The charities we fund make a real difference to their lives and it’s great to have so many of them in one room.
“For some, being able to come to an event like this is a real occasion and we are delighted to have made it possible.”
The magical, fun-filled party was partly sponsored by the Carden Park Hotel.
Super heroes and Disney characters from Jumping Jacks provided entertainment throughout the afternoon, while children from Liverpool’s Team Oasis, also took to the stage.
Other activities included a festive disco, an enchanting story corner, face-painting, balloon modelling and party games.
Everyone enjoyed a Christmas buffet prepared by the hotel’s head chef, Graham Tinsley, and his talented catering team.
Eleven organisations brought children along to the party: Newlife, B.I.R.D., Central Cheshire Buddy Scheme, The Joshua Tree, Team Oasis, Northwich Multi-Sports, Cheshire Penguins, Stick’n’Step, Amy and Friends, Joining Jack’s Team, Sundowns Wirral.
- The Morgan Foundation supports charities across North Wales, Merseyside, West Cheshire and North Shropshire.
- Its aim and philosophy is to ‘make a difference’ by providing funding for small to medium sized organisations that are addressing specific needs.
- Help is focussed mainly on those who work directly with children and families, particularly those suffering from disability or disadvantage.
- The Morgan Foundation was created in 2001 by Steve Morgan CBE, who is also chairman of Redrow plc.
- Since then it has committed over £35m of funding.
- This year’s funding target is £5m.
- Contact Jane Harris, Administrator, tel: 01829 782800, www.morganfoundation.co.uk